Friday, October 19, 2012

Are you as tired as I am about.....

All the political phone calls and commercials? I know I am. Raise your hand if you want this political race to end. My hand is up.
After working ten hours at my day job, I look forward to walking through my door at home, pour myself a glass of vino, and relax. Then it begins, phone call after phone call, all political. My friends and family know not to call after 8:00 pm, and when our phone rang at 9:50 pm two evenings ago, assuming the political calls stop at 8:00, my heart jumps into my throat, wondering who could be calling us so late. There must be something wrong, my head says. I put my knitting down, thinking I may have to answer it. We have our satellite hooked to our phone line, so the calling phone number appears on our TV. An 800 number appears at the top of the screen. I pick my knitting back up and continue on. Really? 9:50 at night????

Enough is enough. I've received my mail in ballot and will complete and get it into the mail tomorrow. Will the calls and commercials stop? Not until November 6th, I hope.
The weather is great here on the Western Slope of Colorado. High 60's low 70's. I can take this weather year round. I still have tomatoes growing in the garden, along with 4 kinds of peppers. I'm hoping to get one more good batch of tomatoes to make and can more Salsa. I have 13 jars in three different heat levels in the pantry from the earlier tomatoes. I canned 8 more jars of whole tomatoes today, which brings the canned tomato count up to 27 jars. My husband does the majority of the cooking in our home, and he assured me he'll use them up within a year.

Where ever your Saturday leads you, enjoy and smell the crisp, freshness of the fallen and falling beautiful colored Autumn leaves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna