Thursday, December 13, 2012

Intricate shaped snowflakes, Snow Globes, Sleigh bells, Hot Toddy

What do you visualize when you imagine the Christmas season? I see beautiful ice crystals as the ones below:

I can not forget a winter scene snow globe or Sleigh bellsSleigh Bells
Or how about something to keep you warm as in a hot toddy?Hot Toddy

These are some of my favorite images when I think of Christmas. Quite times watching snowflakes quietly drifting from the sky above.
Where I reside now, I don't see many if any snowflakes making their individual escape from the sky. I'm not complaining though, because when I lived in the mountains in Colorado, I had my share of snowflakes, and even the thrill of experiencing 'blue' snow. Being so frigid where I was, the snow at times actually was a beautiful aqua blue color.
Now, I have the pleasure of sipping a hot toddy and escaping in my memories of Christmas's past.
No hustle and bustle for myself and my husband. We enjoy peaceful moments of one another. Gifts and Malls? Not for us. We are lucky enough to have one another, we do not need a holiday to give one another a gift. I believe visiting with loved ones is the best gift we can offer one another. It's not about the fancy wrapping paper and bows, it's about being true to yourself, your friends and family.
Where ever this holiday season leads you, enjoy, relax, don't overspend, and spread the holiday cheer with your genuine smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna