Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Do you know why February is the shortest month?

It is the shortest month because Roman emperors, when organizing the calender, took days from it and added them to months named after themselves.

February received its name from "februare" meaning "to purify". At this time of year the ancient Romans cleansed themselves of their sins by sacrificing a goat to their gods.

February 14th was originally observed in memory of the martyrdom of St. Valentine, third century Bishop of Rome. Today it is an occasion for the exchange of sentiments.

Are you ready for Valentines day? How does one get ready? Do you have a  memory time can’t erase about a special Valentines Day?

I recall my first Valentines Day with my present husband, Brett. Knowing me as he does, he had a huge bouquet of Wildflowers sent to me at my workplace, with a special keepsake handwritten note.

What are your plans for Valentines Day? Whatever they are, enjoy, be safe, and most of all, Love the one you're with!





https://www.createspace.com/4019289

http://www.amazon.com/Mother-Because-Father-Bitched-ebook/dp/B00BDV4Y0W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360773086&sr=8-2&keywords=was+my+mother+a+bitch+because


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna