Sunday, March 25, 2012

Honey & Allergies

Happy Sunday!
The tulips, crocus and daffodils have poked their heads up to welcome spring. The globe willows, and cherry blossoms are showing their beauty. This leaves the Grand Valley sneezing and itchy, watery eyes.  Have you tried swallowing a teaspoon of local raw honey to help? If not, I would give it a try. In my 'past life,' when I lived back east, I owned an herb and vitamin shop. Every couple of weeks, my local honey keeper would bring me raw honey to sell. The theory is the raw honey from your local area will help build up your resistance to the local allergens. Which makes sense since the bee's from your area are feeding on the local flowers.  If you haven't tried it in the past, maybe this is the time to experiment. I would always rather do natural for my body then over the counter drugs anytime!

Enjoy your Sunday. The weather here on the Western Slope of Colorado is going to be beautiful with a possible high temperature of 80!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna