Friday, March 30, 2012

Walk for the disease I live with daily~ Multiple Sclerosis

I have MS. There, I said it. Not that I'm allowing this dreadful disease I've been living with for the past nineteen years ruin my life. I was clinically diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in May of 1993, but I was displaying symptoms as early as 1986 after the birth of my son.
Living with any disease will change you, your friends and loved ones. MS is no exception. Since being diagnosed, many new chapters in my book of life have been written.
This disease has altered my physical capabilities tremendously within the past five years.
Each spring, MS chapters throughout the U.S. organize MS Walks to raise money for research for this life changing disease. In the Grand Junction CO area our walk will be held on May 5th. I am currently working on gathering friends to walk with me this May. Within the next week, I will update my blog with a link, where you may donate for my team.
Until I get my link up, please feel free to click on the link below to view information about my area's MS Society Chapter.

About This Chapter : National MS Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna