Saturday, June 15, 2013

Excerpt from my December 2013 Book Release of Hunt Club Corpse


Not all monsters are ugly.  Every murder has a victim—every victim has a story, this is my story.

            My apartment complex was two up two down.  I was in 2B. I never liked my neighbors, but the rent was cheap.

            Saturday, August 20th. 2012, 1:30 p.m.  It was hot in the city, hot and so humid the air was not only sticky but almost dripping.  It rained every evening for a week, and everything is molding, including the clothes you’re wearing, typical for August in Cleveland.

            Uniform division got the first call.   A citizen reported a bad smell penetrating from the apartment above her.

            They had no trouble finding the apartment in charming Hunt Club Village.  The officers were met outside the secured complex unit by a thin, anorexic looking, lady with stringy long red, unkempt hair, wearing bright pink lipstick, a matching rose-hued tube top and Daisy Duke Shorts.

            “Are you the one who called?” Officer Brown asked the woman.

            “Yeah,” she stated taking her scarlet color flip flop to stomp out the cigarette she flicked onto the concrete, I’m Jane.

            Finally, someone is going to find me.  I should not have died this way, I yell, yet no one hears me.  

            Officer Brown and his partner Officer Tablet followed the red haired gaunt woman as she unlocked the main door which led to the four apartments.  Once inside, Jane pointed up the stairs.  As Brown and Tablet ascend the five stairs, they are immediately met with what they know as the death scent.

            Brown slipped on gloves and tried the door to my apartment.  It’s unlocked.  He slowly opened the door and is nauseated by a stomach-turning odor.  Holding their noses, Brown and Tablet walk through the entrance way being careful to walk around all the blood that was first present in the living room.  They continued down the hallway to my bedroom, and this is where they find what is left of my earthly body.

            Immediately Brown grabbed his radio and called the Major Crime Scene Unit for photographs, fingerprinting and evidence to be collected.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna