Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer has Arrived

Summer heat has arrived here in Palisade, Colorado. Although summer is my favorite season, the Multiple Sclerosis I have been afflicted with for twenty-seven years does not like summer heat.  How do I beat the heat and it's adverse effects to my body?
Swimming is not only helpful to keep me cool, but it's also great exercise.  I do my best to visit our local outside pool and keep cool.
I also am sure I work in my garden in the early mornings while it's still cool.
I wear my cooling vest which resembles a fisherman's vest. 
Hydration is very important, so I drink lots of cool water throughout the day. 
Sit in the shade, stay out of direct sun, and eat frozen fruit bars.

A couple months ago, my husband and I installed air conditioning in our home.  I find myself on my days off of work, cooling off in the house in between either working in the garden, enjoying the nice summertime sun, and writing on two new books I am currently working on.

In my upcoming book Reality, you will travel the past twenty-seven years in my life with Multiple Sclerosis and how I deal with this debilitating disease on a daily basis.  I am aiming at releasing the book in September, but if the heat remains too hot outside, I will be inside working diligently at finishing the book for an earlier release date.

I also have another book being released in December 2013.  This is a murder mystery and the working title is Hunt Club Corpse.

Where ever your Friday June 14th takes you, stay cool, be safe and smile!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna