Saturday, June 22, 2013

Where did your Saturday lead you?

Brett and I had a wonderful day today.  We visited Cedaredge, Colorado and the Pioneer Museum.  We love living here on the Western Slope of the state.

Upon arriving home, their was a message on the machine in our office.  The caller was Brett's oldest son, asking his father to return the call.

It was the call we knew would be coming; Brett's ex-wife, his son's mother passed away this afternoon.   She actually drank herself to death at the young age of 49. 

She was a woman who has been a train wreck in our lives since the day we married, and in Brett's life for many years prior to that.  I do not like speaking badly of the dead, so I won't.  I only pray that she is at peace now, the peace she could not find here on earth.

Many mixed feelings have risen in me since hearing the news.  I'm attempting to understand them, yet I'm perplexed.  I am questioning my own mortality, although I feel that is normal when someone younger than yourself dies, and from a terrible disease- alcoholism.  

  We are all brought into this world to walk our own paths and we should not judge other's paths. I feel that everyone enters your life for a reason; they will teach you, or you will teach them.  I have learned a lot after meeting my husbands ex-wife, I don't know if she could say the same. 

Where ever your day leads you, enjoy, give someone a hug, and be thankful you saw the sun rise today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna