Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Anyone for......

Zucchini? As you see, my garden is doing wonderful! Several zucchini are going to be ready to pick by later this week. Banana peppers are going wild, as well as my jalapenos. I planted this garden the first week of May, and with the over one hundred degree temperature's we're having, it's important I keep my ninety-six foot garden watered! I say ninety-six foot because when my ten year old granddaughter was visiting me in April, she helped me enlarge the garden. She then measured it. and in an instant informed me that my garden is now 96 square feet! Have I mentioned how smart my beautiful granddaughter is?
I've planted eleven tomato plants of three varieties, one didn't make it. My red cabbages are growing great, as well as onions, both green and yellow. I'll be picking a few jalapenos, blanching them, then freezing them, later this week. I use those in my salsa I make the end of September. Although it may be earlier this year.
Have you planted a garden this year? If so, what wonderful vegetables does your garden grow?
Plans for Tuesday? Where ever your day leads you, make it happy! If you live near me on the Western slope of Colorado, stay cool, it's going to be another hot one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna