Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Walk

Beautiful blue skies, light breeze,the chirping birds, and a train blowing it's whistle, accompanied me this morning on my walk. Although it's almost 75 degree's and not quite 10:00 a.m., it was difficult not to enjoy my walk.
I needed an ingredient for the jambalaya I am putting together in the crock pot this morning, and instead of getting into the car to drive less than a mile, I chose to walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery and sounds of life.
I believe we all get ourselves caught up in work, deadlines, occasional drama, and family issues that we forget how simple life can be, if we choose it to be.
Yesterday, my day consisted of a dental appointment, miscellaneous errands, and a woman's wellness appointment, all before 1:00! Exhausting day. Today I have my writers group at three in the afternoon, and that is all that is written on my schedule. Hence why I chose to enjoy my morning off and take a stroll to my neighborhood grocery store, and purchase one ingredient, even though my multiple sclerosis does not fair well when I walk in the heat. Don't we all have to push ourselves from time to time?
I hope everyone takes the time this weekend to take in the beauty that life offers, if we only quite ourselves long enough to experience it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna