Saturday, June 16, 2012

Raise your hand if you LOVE....

buying a swim suit? Thursday, my husband wanted to accompany me on my feat to purchase a swimsuit. OMG!!! is all I can say. He soon became bored, as he watched me abruptly look from at one suit to another. Sitting down was a better option for him, so he went around the corner and took a seat. I'm not sure how much time passed (since I don't wear a watch), when he rejoined me on my search for a swimsuit, for a couple weeks short of, a 53 year old woman. Where was my 25 year old body I asked myself while I proceeded to try one one suit after another!
Exiting the fitting room for the third time with NO luck, Brett looked at me and asked, "well?"
I smiled, turned towards him and said, "One bullet is going to be cheaper!"
He laughed since he knows my sick sense of humor, and followed me once again to where the suits were located. After a few more minutes, he left and headed back to the benches by the fitting rooms.
After a time, I appeared outside the fitting room and told him these were the last 2 I was going to try! It wasn't long after I emerged with swimsuit in hand and said in a disgusted tone, "Okay,let's go!"
Brett looked up from the bench and told me that I not only missed my own birthday, but his, since I was in the fitting room so long.
I like my suit, and once I arrived home and tried it on in my OWN mirrors, I was fine. Maybe the mirrors in my house know not to mess with me, as the ones in the fitting rooms did!

My new suit was inducted at our local swimming pool this afternoon. From 12-1 on Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's, along with additional early hours, my local pubic pool, (less than a mile from home), is open for 'adult' swim only. Not that I don't enjoy all the children splashing and having fun, but I have a mission when I go to the pool, and that is to swim laps and get a minimum of 45 minutes of exercise. Today it was a success, although I need to talk with my neurologist this coming week to inquire if I will ever be able to get strength back into my left leg and arm, since it was damaged due to the Multiple Sclerosis. It was suggested from a fellow 'adult' swimmer that maybe I should use one of those swimming noodles to help. Great suggestion, and I will consult with my doctor on Tuesday!
We know that it sucks getting older, but visualizing myself as "I WAS" when I was younger with a bikini body, and living with the reality that I'm a couple weeks shy of 53, have been suffering with Multiple Sclerosis for nearly 25 years, and am still able to hold down a job four days a week, life isn't so bad. Always remember, no matter how bad you may think you have it, someone else has it much worst!
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, it's back to work for me on Sunday, but you can guess where I will be for at least an hour on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, my days' off of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna