Sunday, April 15, 2012

Monday's poem by Alvin Schwartz~

There was a man who lived in leeds,
He filled his garden full of seeds.
And when those seeds began to grow,
It was like a garden filled with snow.
But when the snow began to melt,
It was like a ship without a belt.(???? That line I don't get!)
And when the ship began to sail,
It was like a bird without a tail.
And when the bird began to fly,
It was like an Eagle in the sky.
And when the sky began to roar,
It was like a lion at my door.
And when the door began to crack,
It was like a pen knife in my back.
And when my back began to bleed,
I was dead,dead,dead indeed!
Alvin Schwart
Last evening I asked my granddaughter if she knows of another poem. I handed her a pen and paper and she wrote out the above poem. My granddaughter is ten. Needless to say, I was amazed.
I chose this poem today because my granddaughter is heading back home today. I'm happy she wanted to spend her spring break visiting us this past week.
Where ever your Monday leads you, be sure to grab an extra cup of java and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna