Friday, April 20, 2012

Poem for Saturday~ The Robin's Bath

The Robin's Bath
by Evaleen Stein

A flash and flicker of dripping wings,
A wet red breast that glows
Bright as the newly opened bud
The first red poppy shows,
A sparkle of flying rainbow drops,
A glint of golden sun
On ruffled feathers, a snatch of song,
And the robin's bath is done.

Did everyone have a wonderful Friday? I had the day off from the winery so my husband and I purchased some Miracle Grow soil for my free standing garden box Brett built for me a couple of years ago. I'm happy to say I planted radishes, snap peas, and spinach today after placing the fresh soil into the box. A few day's ago, a wind storm blew through and left a lot of down branches in our yard which Brett and I also had to clean up today. Beautiful blue skies,and warm sun helped our projects get completed quickly. As the sprinklers quenched the parched landscaping, a robin enjoyed the droplets as they scattered about.
Where ever your Saturday leads you, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna