Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day.. Did you know?

Did you know that Mother's day has been observed on the second Sunday of May since 1914?
Happy Mother's Day!  President Wilson proclaimed the day as "a public expression of love and reverence for the mothers of our country?"
Did you know that the carnation was chosen to be the traditional flower for Mother's Day because of it's sweetness, purity, and endurance?
I have two grown children and two step-sons. My son lives in Ohio, and  daughter in Greeley, CO.
I wish we lived closer, but they are adults with lives and families of their own.
Plans for Mother's Day? I am scheduled to work at the winery from noon until close. My husband will prepare and cook me steak, baked potato and salad for me for my Mother's Day dinner.

Where ever and what ever you're Mother's Day Sunday leads you, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna