Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Did you get through Monday okay? I normally have Monday's off from the winery, today I clocked in at 6:50AM to get our Club Mead Membership wine orders sent out. It was a successful morning and I was able to clock out at 10:00 AM..
While watering my lavender plant near the front of my home this afternoon, I overheard my newer neighbor screaming and fighting with her adult disabled sibling. Since these people have moved in next door to me, this seems to be a "normal" way of living for these people.
As I bent down to quench my lavender's thirst, hearing her Baton Rouge accent, scream at her son, I had a revelation. Not only can you choose your relatives, you can not choose your neighbors!
I spoke softly to my beautiful lavender plant telling her to ignore the screaming she had to hear.
I met the "mother,/wife" for the first time a week ago. After a minute or two of hearing her speak, I realized she was a sandwich short of a picnic. I'm not talking down about her, I'm only telling you what I observed. At one point, she told me "I wasn't watching you, but after I watched you watering your garden (which wasn't planted yet), I'm doing what you did and I'm watering the ground where I am going to plant a tomato plant.
Really? But you just told me you were not watching me! Creepy!
I hope I'm not the only living being, in this vast world with a not my choice neighbor.
Have a great Tuesday, and where ever this day leads you, enjoy, smile and know that tomorrow is Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna