Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hummingbirds in Western Colorado



When most people think of Colorado, they think about Big horn sheep or deer. In my backyard here in Palisade Colorado, you will see hummingbirds like the one above.
This past weekend, I cleaned and prepared my hummingbird feeder after I witnessed activity for these tiny creatures.
For the last two years since I moved to the Western slope of Colorado, each spring, this beautiful, tiny winged creature builds a nest outside my neighbors bedroom window on the pole of the awning.
Once I mixed the sweet nectar and filled the hummingbird feeder, it wasn't long before the specular tiny winged birds found their way to the feeder.
Simple pleasures, that is what I enjoy. We all are guilty of creating chaos in our lives. Whether it concern our families, workplace, our health, or numerous other affairs.
Imagine your life, stress free, non-strenuous, and simple. At times, I believe we are all guilty of creating drama in our lives which don't need to be. As you hurry around today, take a moment and enjoy a simple pleasure.
What ever drama you draw unconsciously into your inner world today, recognize it and release it to the universe, then smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
Donna